Our emphasis is on personalized training, in which you will have ongoing contact with the Educational Team. Supervision and feedback are inherent in the training process. Your progress and learning will be closely followed, supported, and guided throughout the program.
We expect trainees to exhibit professional behaviour throughout the training. However, should this not occur, we will address the matter immediately and seek a positive solution.
To graduate from the Feldenkrais Professional Training Program you will be required to:
- demonstrate, in-class, the ability to teach Awareness Through Movement and give Functional Integration lessons to a professional standard;
- exhibit an understanding of the Feldenkrais Method
- maintain a self reflective journal
- complete a community-based project
- Complete online learning modules
- and attend fully throughout all the segments
Any student missing more than five training days per year or more than a total of ten days over the course of the entire four years will be required to make up lost time before being eligible for graduation. Tuition will not be reimbursed for missed days.
Should you miss more than the maximum allowed number of class days, special arrangements must be made with the Educational Director to make up class time in another training program. This will incur additional costs. The Educational Director reserves the right to ask any student to receive further training before being considered for graduation.
Graduates from the Feldenkrais Institute of Australia Professional Training Programs will have:
1. A deep knowledge of the Feldenkrais Method ; a cognitive and experiential understanding of the human body – its structure and function and its potential (for movement and action); learning models; human development
2. The ability to generate ideas from the body of knowledge
3. The skills necessary for teaching ATM and FI as the application of the knowledge and concepts described above and including:
- Analyzing, evaluating, designing and executing lessons in relation to the practitioner/client interaction
- Using touch and language as effective and potent communication tools
4. Accountability as a professional practitioner working with individuals and groups via
- Professional and ethical behavior
- The ability to reflect on all interactions and use of knowledge, concepts and skills
- Peer and lifelong learning
- Accountability in all domains – to self, clients, the profession, allied professions, the market place , society
Graduation means you are qualified to practice as a Feldenkrais practitioner.
As a graduate you will be eligible to apply to The Australian Feldenkrais Guild (AFG) for certification as a practitioner of the Feldenkrais Method. This will give you the rights to use the service marks the AFG now own that protect the Feldenkrais Method in the community. Certification is entirely the responsibility of the graduate.
You receive a certificate of Graduation that is recognised by all Guilds who are members of the International Feldenkrais Federation.
Graduation as an Awareness Through Movement Teacher
To graduate as an ATM teacher you will have completed the requirements to be authorised to teach ATM, plus completed the addition hours and portfolio tasks for this qualification.
Graduation is complete only after all monies have been paid in full.